Friday, July 12, 2013

Roasted Veggies

There are days that you know you should be eating vegetables but you don't want any. Today was one of those days. I looked into the fridge and say broccoli. 

I love veggies, I really do. But the one vegetable that I dislike the most is broccoli. Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s pretty! I mean, what plant or edible item that looks like a miniature be ugly? I mean, if you look on the web there are plenty of things you can do with the broccoli.  

This tree-house is too cute!

See, they are trees!


But I have to admit, the broccoli was going to go bad if I didn't eat it right away. So I chopped some up, along with some carrots, onion, and squash. 


Then, I had some left over cilantro that I was going to use for some guacamole; somehow I never got around to doing that. So I decided to experiment. I mixed the cilantro with nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and parsley...

...and sprinkled it over the veggies.

Then I threw it into the oven and hoped for the best. 
Boy this is the best accident I have made in a while

YUMM……
 I was so excited that I did it, I made it again!

MORE VEGGIES! MORE GOODNESS

 lets get....
 .....ready for the oven

 Now, I'm standing in front of the oven overlooking my veggies waiting to gobble them up with my leftover pizza!
Recipe:
1 carrot
1 squash
1 head of broccoli
1/4 onion
3 tbs of nutritional yeast
1/4 c of cilantro
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of basil
a sprinkle of pepper

step 1. slice all veggies and  place them on parchment paper
step 2. chop cilantro and mix it with the yeast and spices
step 3. spay the veggies with Pam just enough so the spices can stick 
step 4. top the veggies with you spices and bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment