Friday, July 26, 2013

Banana Bites and Date-Coconut Balls

The other day I made coconut-rolled date bites. 

They actually came out really yummy. The fact that they were rolled in coconut gave them a completely different texture.

I started off with less than 1 lbs. of dates (about .95 lbs. with prunes) and blended them in my mini food processor.

I would normally do it in the Vita mix but I like when these date bites have a little texture to them. 

Then I proceeded to add any nuts and fruit I wanted.
Ingredients:
.95 dates (with pits)
28 prunes
¼ cup walnuts
¼ cup cashews
¼ cup flaxseed


Pulverize everything and form into little balls.  When finished roll in coconut flakes and ta-dah….protein packed candy from nature.


I also made banana-bites on this day. I had an almost moldy banana and we all know how Mexicans don’t like to waste anything so I came up with these. They don’t need to be baked so it makes them instant awesomeness.



Ingredients:
1 banana (the riper the better, it makes it sweeter)
1 c oats
1.5 cups of cereal
1 tbsp. agave
¼ cup of peanut butter

½ cup of wheat bran 

First, mash the banana and then gradually add agave and peanut butter until its all smooth. Then add the dry ingredients.
Note: you can pulverize the dry ingredients to give it a smoother texture.
But I’m Mexican and I like textura!


When finished mixing all the ingredient roll into little balls and place in the refrigerator so that they can harden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment