Friday, July 12, 2013

Pizza


 Pizza is one of the culprits that cause Americans to become overweight. It is the thing that automatically comes to mind when we think of “junk food”. But it is enjoyed by many regardless…….

I would always crave pizza after watching it on here....they would make it seem sooo goood!

But the pizza in real life fast food places may look like this....


and all that greese makes you happy right?

*the above photos are from google images

But after years of trying to be healthy, I learned that dough does not need sugar, salt, or oil and it can still be fluffy and yummy.

My sisters automatically get excited when they see a bowl with dough rising outside (the heat helps the yeast) or next to the oven. They know its pizza night.


Even though they do get pepperoni and cheese, its still a lot healthier than what they can buy at a fast food chain. 
I like to chop lots of fresh veggies, such as tomato 
onions, bell pepper, squash 
Lots and lots of mushrooms
The jalapenos are for my parents, I'm a complete chicken when it comes to spicy food. Which is sad because I happen to be Mexican. 
I then roll out the dough....
And top it off with sauce and every single veggie my heart desires......
On my pizza instead of rolling out on flour, I use nutritional yeast, it gives the texture a divine taste!
look at that fungus 

who said a pizza had to be round....I was imitating Arnold from Hey Arnold....
Does anyone else remember that football headed kid?


And pizza is best when eaten outside 

Oh, look, a side salad....like I didn't have enough vegetables. 

Pizza dough:
1 packet of baker's yeast
3 cups of all purpose flour
about 3/4 cup of water (add more if needed)

prepare the dough by adding lukewarm water to the yeast until dissolved. then add the flour a cup at a time. Mix it good.....pound it if needed
*note, your hands are going to get messy
After all your dough is mixed, cover it with a cloth and set the bowl in a warm place for at least 2 hours until it rises. 
*Its best to prepare in the morning and let it rise all day

when ready, make about 6 round balls and flour them up and top with any sauce and veggies, meat, cheese you desire....

nom nom

2 comments:

  1. That looks yummy! I made pizza this weekend using whole wheat dough. I was out of vegan cheese, though, so we had to go with regular mozzarella. I didn't add nearly as much as take out pizza, however!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! I also feel that homemade pizza taste better as well. And you get to add all the toppings you want. At a fast food joint they will change you an extra dollar for each topping.....which is like 5 pieces of mushrooms.

      Delete