Monday, July 8, 2013

RED WHITE AND BLUE ice cream

Fourth of July is a day of celebrating all things wonderful.....such as homemade ice cream!!!!
We had quiet a few guest come over, and my mom had these empty Gerber bottles that she was saving for a craft project, but I saw she wasn't doing anything with them, so I decided to steal them!!! 

MUAHAHAHAHA

Ok, enough of the creepy laugh....
I looked in the freezer and I saw: frozen blueberries, frozen cherries, and frozen bananas!!!! What more can a girl want on a day where we need recipes involving red, white, and blue. 
The first step was to wash all the little jars....Can't feed people off dirty plates
That's just NASTY!
Step number two.....
I made cherry ice cream: I blended frozen cherries, carob powder, like 5 dates, and almond milk
this created my base. 

I continued to do the same thing with the banana and the blueberry layers
yes, I forgot to take pictures of those. 
But fear not, I will still tell you how I made each layer. 
For the banana layer I mixed: bananas (duh), coconut water, agave syrup and cinnamon. 
Then for the blueberry layer I mixed: blueberries, dates, almond milk and some blue food coloring because it was turning purple (I was getting kinda mad because they are called BLUEBERRIES not PURPLEberrries). So I also thew a banana in the blender and it lightened the color some. 

This was what the final product looked like. It was good, the fact that each little jar was individually separated made dessert time so easy and mess free. We didn't have to worry about scooping out ice cream or anything.



Breakfast was also awesome on fourth of July! My mom said she wanted the typical American breakfast: pancakes, eggs, sausage, hash browns and an added factor: fruit. So after I went for a run, I came back home and was a slave to the kitchen. AHA
I made her all the trimmings and decided to make myself some chocolate pancakes and ate mostly all the fruit myself. what can I say, I have a sweet tooth.

PS. fruit and syrup taste very well together




Don't be fooled by this plate, it was my first helping out of two.....well maybe out of three and a few more nibbles from the bowl. 


No comments:

Post a Comment