Tuesday, October 22, 2013

What I ate Monday

Today was an interesting day. I decided to keep myself busy and attempted at making my little sister's Halloween costume. Does anyone have a clue of what it might be?



I'll post the end product later

I also tried to create a new recipe. It was a success! 

Does anyone else watch documentaries? I swear I have watched Hungry For Change like 109029420342 times. I am actually watching it right now as I type. Thank-goodness I can type without looking at the keyboard so I can technically zone out. 

I also went for a 6 mile run, and as I was running I finally decided that I was taking the plunge and running the LA Marathon in March. I ran it last year and did horrible, I want to redeem myself and train smart this time. I am trying to develop my own training plan so with me luck. Also with that, I actually convinced one of my college buddies to run a race with me. I'm letting her pick the race, but it would be nice to have someone else run and go through the pain at the same time. 



Before I go for a run, I cut up a bunch of fruit so I can put in my sisters' school lunch boxes. I also leave some around for my baby sister to eat. I have a few random slices while chopping it.

I also take a bite size nut bar with me while I walk my sister to school  
Enter: Run 6-7 miles (today was 6)

Get home to a delicious bowl of oatmeal with chopped (FRESH) Washington apples, cinnamon, and soy-milk 
Then I read some post, catch up on gossip, check e-mails and finally do some yoga or low impact cardio. Today was low impact cardio. 

I then had a snack of
1/2 apple, celery, and PB

 
Lunch was something similar to this....I forgot to take a pic......Homemade bread, carrots (no cucumbers), homemade applesauce hummus, Peanut butter, and left over stir fry veggies. 
A green smoothie and water. 

Then I went to work on my sister's Halloween costume 
Then I walked two miles to pick up my sister from school. 
I came home and had a snack of air-popped popcorn, homemade applesauce with chia seeds and a mini banana. 

I then tried a new recipe that I made up on a whim. 

It was pretty tasty. 
Pumpkin noodles, sweet potato, and salad with homemade applesauce hummus. 

Dessert was an Washington apple, Peanut butter, cereal (iron alert!) 

Some pictured chocolate to finish the day!


These are some of my food highlights of the week. 
bean salad, HM veggie burgers, squash, and some mashed potato my friend brought me 


grilled tofu, squash, sweet potato, veggies, beans, salsa, and tortilla 

homemade veggie burger 

coffee bread I made for dad 

frozen bananas!

coconut ice cream 

tofu, sweet potato lentils, salad with hummus and salsa 




No comments:

Post a Comment