Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My New PBJ Bread

As you guys may assume, I eat a pbj sandwich everyday for lunch! But I am trying to not eat as many processed foods. I used to be raw vegan and I ate no processed foods at all! Now that I went back to cooked, I started eating bread, store bought granola, cereal (by the box), candy, ice cream, crackers, cookies....oreos. Its not bad to eat these foods, but I DON'T want them to be a part of my daily diet. Once or twice a week is fine, but anymore than that and I feel like I am doing my body an injustice. I workout, so I feel as I am un-doing all the good I am practicing. 

So I decided to try to make a bread with wholesome ingredients and I am pleased with the result. Its not too sweet so you can top it off, but its perfect for PB which is what I ate it with today. 
Oat flour.....I just put some oatmeal in the blender and blended 

I added cooked barley and wheat berries 
the brown mush is cinnamon, vanilla, applesauce, a banana, and baking powder all blended in the magic bullet. 

Then I added flax seeds and pumpkin seeds 

look like a bowl of C$@#
Well, at least it smelled good. 
BAKE BAKE BAKE....... 




Ingredients: 

 2 cups of oats (made into oat flour)
1/2 cup of oats for texture
4 tbs of agave
2 small tins of unsweetened applesauce
1 banana
2 tbs of wheat berry (dry), cooked
2 tbs of pearled barley (dry), cooked
1 tbs olive oil
1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup of flax seeds
1/4 cup of peanut butter or peanut flour
1/2 cup of cornmeal
1 cup of soy milk 
1 tbs vanilla extract
cinnamon to your liking
1 tbs of baking powder 

1. Mix the banana, applesauce, vanilla extract, baking powder, cinnamon, agave, olive oil and soy milk in the blender. (it makes the whole bread distribute flavors evenly)
2. Pour mixture over the rest of the ingredients and stir. 
3. Bake on a greased baking ban for 50 minutes. 
4. Let cook completely and then slice into 16 pieces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment