Thursday, October 3, 2013

Mini Pizza and Barley Salad

What to do with leftovers? Well, you can make pizza! Remember my mushy green peas? Well, I had about 1 serving of leftovers. And I had to go to Back to School night at my sister's school. Therefore, I was not going to have enough time to cook something. That means I had to turn to leftovers to rescue me. 
I quickly turned on the oven and topped sandwich thins with my mushy peas. And baked them for 15 minutes. 

In addition to my pizza, I decided to make a quick salad made of barley that I had soaking I boiled it in the morning and then just chopped a tomato, onions, and cilantro to add to the mix. I also used canned corn and green beans. It was quick and easy and tasted refreshing. 
 

Ingredients for barley salad: 
1/2 cup of canned corn
1/2 cup of barley (dry) then cooked with 2 cups of water
1/2 cup of green beans
1 tomato, chopped
1/3 cup of chopped onion
salt 
basil
juice of 1/2 lime 
handful of chopped cilantro. 

No comments:

Post a Comment