Monday, October 28, 2013

No running!

This Saturday may be my last long run for a while. I felt every bit of it. It was so dark going outside it was pretty sad. I couldn't even take a decent picture. 
I sometimes wonder why I can't be a normal person and just sleep in on Saturday mornings. I haven't done that in the longest time ever. 

Proof that it was so dark, I stood under the porch light and still managed to take a bad picture. 

 Anyways, I ran 15 miles but unfortunately it took a toll on me. You know when you run and you feel exhausted before you even start? Well, that was me, I took off after eating a piece of homemade chocolate pumpkin bread with a small cutie tangerine and was off. I try not to look at my watch on long runs because it makes me depressed that I still have XX miles to go or have only ran XX miles. But I looked at the pace and it was super slow, like 10:15.

I told myself that it was okay because you are supposed to be running 90 seconds to 2 minutes slower on your long runs. But damn it! My pride didn't want to accept that. I naturally increased my pace throughout the run. Then 9 miles into the run, I felt it. My legs were heavy I started breathing hard. I was cold (?) it was just not pleasant at all. I wished I had just planned 10 but nope. I am also one of those people who competes with themselves and not finishing the 15 miles was not an option. I had to, I was five miles away from home anyway. Plus, it didn't matter if I went at a snail pace, I had just set my mind to finish.
So I did what any runner would do, I thought of what I wanted for breakfast the rest of the run, hoping that would motivate my lazy butt to get home faster.

I ended with a 9:20 pace and just sat down for about 10 minutes. Made breakfast for everyone and went under the blankets for 10 minutes and then got on with the day.
Usually the shower helps a lot, but for some reason it didn't that day. I was like a zombie the rest of the day....a very hungry one. I never understood why people say that running suppresses your appetite, it INCREASES mine. 
The 8 cups of water I sat down to immediately after the run. 

Breakfast
Oatmeal, sunflower seeds, chopped apple, applesauce, strawberries, soy milk, cinnamon, 

and some super sweet homemade pumpkin sauce. 

I am getting pretty good at making omelets, it didn't crack at all this time. 
Eating ice cream in the cold! 

makes kids super happy 

YUM!


'
Remember I said that I was making my sisters their Halloween costumes? Well, they hated them! This has never happened before. I was all excited bringing out the costume boxes and the look of disappointment and sorrow in their voice when they said, "awww, we have to wear that!"
made me soo sad. It was funny, because they get excited for random things, but not that! 

I even injured myself making these bad boys! 
Oh well, I guess not. 
Look at my sister's socks, arn't they cute?

We went shopping (You know, cuz I REALLY wanted to walk around) 

Isn't it amazing that Halloween hasn't passes but they already have the Christmas things out. 

Then we went to Veggie Grill. I am super pick with food. This place is great and all, but I am not liking the food. I love chili, but didn't like it. I didn't like their mock chicken sandwich, and I didn't like their barley soup. 
But I keep going, my friend really likes it so I just suck it up. I haven't said anything so he has no idea. 


recovery food (looks simple but it suits me)
Tofu, sweet potatoes, beans, and chili black beans. 

and a simple salad 




No comments:

Post a Comment