Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pumpkin Squash Noodles

So there has been a recipe that I have been dying to try that I keep editing in my head. Today, I had the courage to attempt it since we had everything on hand. 

I took a Mexican Squash and made noodles with it. 
Then in a pot I proceeded to boil tomato sauce and pumpkin sauce with leftover lentils 
mixed in some veggies and spices and left it to simmer. 

Poured it into a bowl 

added some nutritional yeast 

and hoped for the best. 

It turned out delicious. The pumpkin enhanced the flavor. I  was actually quiet surprised because I though it was going to taste kinda funky. But was pleased. 

Ingredients:
2/3 cup of pumpkin
1/2 cup of tomato sauce 
1 Mexican Squash (made into noodles)
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup of corn 
2 handfuls of spinach (torn into pieces) 
1 cup of cooked lentils 
2 tsp of paprika
1/2 tsp of cumin 
salt to taste 

Let the pumpkin and tomato sauce boil for about 10 minutes then add the lentils. 
Simmer for 5 minutes and then proceed to add everything else. 
Cook for 10 more minutes or until "noodles" are soft. 

No comments:

Post a Comment