Sunday, October 20, 2013

Saturday Long Run

Yesterday was my typical long run day. I was reading a few articles about long distance running and how running over two hours really doesn't do the body any good in terms of cardio health and it actually just causes wear and tear on the body.  So I have decided that because I am not training for any marathon I am just going to stick to improving my half marathon time as much as possible. And the fact that I have been running for 5 weekends straight (runs over 10 miles) and have not had one of them be slow, my body was exhausted with this past run. It was 13 miles and at a 9:00 pace. Sure, it wasn't the fastest I have ran but I sure did feel every single part of the run take a tool on my body.
note: this picture was taken in my dark room....right after, I didn't even bother taking off my sunglasses. 

I also did something completely different. I am trying to eat as many whole foods as possible so instead of pancakes I had a porridge made of barley and soy milk. I did miss eating my pancakes, but I felt good. I also didn't feel the need to eat an entire pint of ice cream like I normally do every Saturday. Yes, ice cream is my weakness.
It contained cooked barley, soy milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, apples, cranberries, sunflower seeds, blueberries/blackberries. 


Besides that I also went to watch the remake of Carrie!
This is my absolute favorite book and I have seen the original movie, the tv remake, and part 2. So to watch this one, I had high expectations. It was good but some of the people in the theater ruined it for me. They were laughing during some scenes that I consider personal or serious. I'm not sure if they were not mentally ready for the movie (note, they were all middle aged or 25+) or if they didn't read the book so they don't appreciate it as much as me. They were very disrespectful and I just don't know how people could be so rude. OK, that was enough of a tangent. 
The movie was good, however, I was expecting it to be a little scarier. The trailer was scarier, there were some parts where I was expecting more (NOTE I HAVE READ THE BOOK AND WATCH THE MOVIE) but it wasn't bad. 

By the way, I was pretty naughty. When I was running I saw an avocado tree with an overhang. I decided to go smuggle some of the avocados. I did, I took my bike so I could have a quick get-away. There was a pit-bull on the other side of the fence, it barked at me, but then after I smiled at it, it stopped barking. It was pleasant. I bet it would have helped me get the avocados if it were able to. 


By the way, did you know that running 13 miles means you listen to a lot of music. If you run as slow as I do, that means you almost get 2 whole hours of tune time. Which in my Pandora case means I listened to 33 songs. That's a lot of music if you ask me. Here is my list. I highlighted the best ones.

The goo goo dolls sympathy
Panic at the disco! the only difference
Boys like girls thunder
Secondhand serenade maybe
Gingerjake concrete
Escape the fate situations
Die mannequin candide
One eyed doll nudiebar
Falling in reverse puck up the phone
Escape the fate-as your falling down
Sleeping with sirens with ears to see, and eyes
Mayday parade when I get home, your so
3 doors down let me go
Linkin park numb
Taking back Sunday makedamnsure
All time low the beach
Never shout never did it hurt
Cartel honestly secondhand serenade like a knife
I see stars-till the world ends
All time low shameless
Boys like girls life of the party
Fountains of Wayne Stacy’s mom
Nickel back someday
Betty blowtorch love/hate
Sleeping with sirens a trophy fathers trophy son
Die mannequin the other tiffany
The hadrons be my friend
3 doors down kryptonite
Boys like girls cheated
MCR famous last words
Paramour pressure
Distillers coral fang
Die mannequin autumn cannibalist 

No comments:

Post a Comment