Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Wild Rice

Wild rice is something that always caught my attention, yet I have never had the guts to try to make it. It seems like something that is only served in a restaurant because it seems so "elegant". Apparently I am crazy and think that things like rice can be elegant.

So one day, I was at sprouts.....
and I was browsing their bulk section .....
I found some wild rice.....
So now I HAD to make something with it. 
Way to go Paty, now you have to think of how to cook it. 

That's the end of my short story......

So first I boiled about (1/4) c of wild rice for 20 min until soft 
(I started with about 1 c of water and added a little more until the rice was soft)
Then I added a few spoonfuls of leftover cooked Peruvian beans. 
Then I chopped some cilantro, onion, bell pepper and mushrooms and let it simmer with 1 tsp. of vegetable bullion. 
That's all folks. 

So here is a recap:
1/4 c rice
1/3 c beans
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
3 mushrooms (small)
handful of cilantro
2 tbs of onion
1 tsp. of vegetable bullion 

No comments:

Post a Comment