Monday, June 17, 2013

Enchilada Pie

This recipe is actually a favorite of mine and it’s a way to get picky eaters to eat lots of veggies without knowing. And it lets me show my true Mexican colors. Yes, I no longer have to hide behind my chia seed, pistachio smacking, almond milk drinking self. I can finally represent my Mexicaness (yes that is a word).

So what you do here is simple:
Grab your leftover Frijoles (that’s beans for all you non-Spanish speaking people)
In my house we also call them “Balasos” which translates to gun-shots (cuz something has to be fired at some point right?)
Also grab whatever vegetables no one cares to eat because they are too lazy to chop
Example:
Cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, squash, onion, mushrooms
And sauté them in a pan with the frijoles.
Then add enchilada sauce (only because your too busy to make it from scratch *cough*lazy*cough
In the end, layer them with tortillas in a pan (that you sprayed with PAM) and then bake for 20 min.

You can add cheese for your family or not……

Or you can crumble a tortilla on top and make them believe its cheese…..

No comments:

Post a Comment