Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Mamey Ice Cream


A mamey is this lovely looking fruit....



This fruit is soo yummy, it deserves a huuuge kiss!!!
When I was asking my friend whether or not she has tried one, she didn't know what a the fruit was called...our conversation follows:

Me: Have you tried a mamey?
Friend: No, idk, whats that?
Me: A fruit, its kinda ugly from the outside but soo yummy. 
Friend: What does it taste like?
Me: Hmmm.....
      I guess you can say it taste like a pumpkin and a sweet potato mixed together......its really good. 
Friend: OH, THAT! 
      Yeah, I've tried it but I didn't know what it was called. 
      Funny how you were able to describe the taste. 
Me: Funny how you were able to figure it out. 
      I have weird gifts. 

TRUE STORY

So, back to reality.....I had some frozen in the fridge and it was hot, the Vitamix looked lonely, so whats a girl to do? I made ice cream!!!!

Ingredients: 
2 cups of mamey (frozen) 
3 bananas (frozen)
1/2 of almond milk 
splash of vanilla extract
cinnamon

Let your blender do the magic.....
Yum!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment