Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Sushi Take 1

Sushi is one of those dishes that I can eat and eat and not get tired of. Today I made my own version of vegetable rolls. Its really one of the simplest dishes to make and does not take a lot of time. Pretty much all you have to do is slice your veggies and steam your rice and your good to go. 

For starters, I found that if I completely cover the Nori in rice, then I can't roll it all nice and perfect.  

So I boiled about 1/2 c of rice until it was cooked and then I added about a teaspoon of vinegar and a sprinkle of salt to the mix. 

I sliced cucumbers, carrots, bell pepper, and avocado and tore a bit of lettuce leaves for the filling. 
1. After you flatten your rice on your sheet, you can add all your veggies.
2. Roll them up and cut them
3. Eat.....nom nom


No comments:

Post a Comment