Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Iron Packed Granola bars….


Note: I am used to eating cereals, treats, and other goodies that don’t have much sugar or “flavor”. Many reasons
1. I try to avoid eating refined sugar (even though I do love it) because it gives me irritable symptoms.
2. My mom never really bought us sugar filled cereals because she hated us and didn't want us to have a happy breakfast, she preferred a nutritious breakfast.
3. I always underestimate the sugar in most foods when I am cooking
4. I like not eating super sweet foods because when I do I enjoy and appreciate it more….

So if you like your granola bars sweet
Like a candy bar….
Then you should add a bit more sugar to suit your taste

Sweet potato bars
1 banana
1 sweet potato (steamed or baked)
½ c of garbanzo beans
2/3 c of cream of wheat
1 c milk
1 tbs flax meal
1 tbs of flax seed
¼ c of wheat bran
¼ c of pb
¼ c of agave
1.3 c of oats
1 c flour
1/3 c of cereal (I used corn bran)


Basically, blend everything except the oats and cereal in the blender until smooth. Then add the oats and cereal (to give it texture) and then bake for about 20 min at 350 degrees F.

 This is the most random combination of items, who would of thought they would go into a granola bar
This doesn't even look like something you would eat  
Yes, I attempted to make a square, yet fell a little short 
But you can't tell when they are all cut up


No comments:

Post a Comment