Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Turning around a disaster!

I hope everyone is having a good day. To be honest, I have been having a bad start of the week. It some problems going with two of my friends. 
friend 1: tried to do something nice for me, yet did it in a really weird way that I really don't appreciate. Things got out of hand and chaos arose. 
friend 2: is pregnant....didn't tell me. (I would say about 6 or so months) and completely kicked me out of her life. She never calls/text/emails or anything. This person was supposed to be my best friend. 
I just want to say that its really hard to make friends and keep them. I try but stuff happens. About friend 1, I think I did over react somewhat but I kind of feel like my comfort zone was threatened. But I will apologize once I find the courage to do so. 

I am trying to stay healthy and not go into "comfort eating" my feeling with a gallon of ice cream, because being the foodie I am, I tend to comfort eat, and that's not a good thing especially since I can't run at the moment due to ankle/foot problems. 

Happy Hump Day everyone


I was really excited to make veggie burgers for dinner tonight. We also buy those huge bags of spinach from Costco, so its safe to say we had a lot of spinach to use before they went bad. I wanted to incorporate them into my veggie burgers and thought it would be a good idea to blend them in the Vitamix instead of the food processor to make things quicker. However, it came out super liquidy and I thought the recipe was going to be ruined!
 So I attempted to bulk it up as best as I could and added quinoa, mushrooms, bell pepper, onions, and squash.....
 But it was still to liquidy so I added 1.5 cups of oats
 and 1/2 cup of polenta (ground cornmeal)
 Then it seemed to have the perfect texture so I added the spices
 They came out great and had the right consistency I wanted
 Crumbled into my salad they made it taste super yummy
 I even found myself eating them as if they were cookies!
 Ingredients for "Green opps burgers"
1-2 cups of spinach
2 celery sticks
1 cup of cooked beans
1 bell pepper
1.5 cups of oats
1 squash, chopped
1/2 purple onion, chopped
1 small handful of green onions
5 mushrooms
1 tsp of cumin
salt, pepper, and basil to taste

shape into balls and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes

Look! My garden is starting to produce cucumber!
 And a bird pooped on my car! :(
 At least I got a good swim in the morning, even if I can't run I am going to try to stay as active as possible.




No comments:

Post a Comment