Thursday, August 8, 2013

Sweet Potato Chili

So, let me set this straight....I love chili.
I love sweet potatoes......
So does this mean I love sweet potato chili? 

NOPE

I super love it!

Seriously, sweet potatoes and beans are something you can never go wrong with, its like they transform any dish into a party in your mouth (OF COURSE you need to add salt and cilantro to it as well)
Here I am trying to decide what veggies should go in my chili bean soup.....
looks like onions, sweet potato, carrots

tomatoes, cilantro and yellow bell pepper

some salt, cumin, thyme and pepper

Stir stir stir your pot

Wala! Smells great

Yes, in case you are wondering, I did eat the whole pot on my own.....it may or may not have been over the course of two days!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup of each bean: pinto, black, small red bean, white bean and lima bean
2 boxed of tomato sauce
1 yellow bell pepper
1 carrot
3 tomatoes
1 medium sweet potato
1/2 large onion
1 handful of cilantro
to taste: salt, pepper, thyme and cumin


NOTE: I know traditional chili is actually spicy but I don't like spicy food therefore my food isn't spicy

No comments:

Post a Comment