Friday, August 2, 2013

Pretzel Fiesta!


Aren't Pretzels one of the most delicious things ever? They taste so soft and every time I’m at the mall, they smell so yummy. I swear it’s like Cina-bon who just pump cinnamon through the air vents to make you hungrier. I never knew how simple they were to make at home until I looked it up. After reading lots of ways to make pretzels, I determined it was pretty much exactly the same as pizza crust. I also didn’t know that you had to dip them in water to make them soft, THAT’S THE SECRET!!!


Muahahahah

So, I grabbed my last packet of Natural Yeast
I mixed it with 1/2 cup of water and let it dissolve

Note: (The flour and the yeast) I like to stir it with a spoon first so my hands don't get overwhelmed with dough

Then  mixed the flour, salt, agave, and some extra baking powder

apparently, the spoon doesn't work so well, my hands are still sticky 

Then I pound the heck out of it and form it into a ball and return it to the bowl
*I put the bowl in the oven so that it can rise, normally I cover it outside or leave it on the counter but since we were cooking it inflated the dough quiet nicely. 

When I was ready to make the pretzels, I placed some baking soda and baking powder in a bowl and filled it with warm water

I split the dough into 8 pieces.....yes I know there is only 7 in the picture

I also know there is 7 logs....I made the logs 

And attempted to make pretzel shapes 

I then dipped (completely submerged) each pretzel into the water for about 1-2 seconds 

Then I placed them on a tray to bake 
(see there is 8 pretzels, I know how to count!!)

They came out super fluffy!!

I would take a picture of them all, but they disappeared.....

Ingredients: 
2 cups of flour
1/2 cup of water
1-2 tbs of agave
1 pinch of salt
1 packet of yeast
1/2 tbs of baking powder 

for the water
3 cups of water
1 tbs of baking soda
1 tbs of baking powder

Follow the above procedure and bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F

You can add whatever topping you like (when I stalk the people at Pretzel's Wetzels) I notice that they put the butter, cinnamon and whatever topping after they bake. But I will try to test that out and make cinnamon flavored pretzels for you folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment