Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pumpkin Waffle Topping!

Saturday can only mean one thing....LONG RUNS. 
Okay, let me re-write that, Saturday can mean two things: Long runs and WAFFLES!!
Because its getting to be fall/winter season I thought I should start preparing by buying a huge can of canned pumpkin. Naturally, I had a lot left over so I froze a bit of it and then today I took out a small jar and decided to make a topping for my waffles. 
 Hello Mr. Applesauce (I used sweetened so I wouldn't have to add soo much agave)
Canned pumpkin, vanilla extract, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and some agave 
And it looks just like how it started out. I promise it was good. My baby sister kept claiming she was eating a pumpkin pie. She actually surprised me because she ate most of it and she is a hard-core Maple Syrup user.  
Yes, it looks funny 
But its yummy 
Paired with fresh fruit and a green smoothie and breakfast is good to go!

Ingredients:
1 small container of sweetened applesauce 
1/2 cup of pure canned pumpkin
2 tsp. of agave
1/2 tbs. of vanilla extract
sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice

stir or mix in a small blender.  

No comments:

Post a Comment