Thursday, September 26, 2013

Mango Quinoa Salad

Today I went to the market with my mom and something strange happened. There was a guy (like 40-50 years of age) and he kept staring at me! I turned around trying to act as if nothing happened but it didn't work. I guess he got impatient and decided to go to a different line so he left and gave me the "stink eye"


After so, when we finished paying for our items, we started walking out. He was finished as well, was about to cross my path and the look he gave me felt awful! I felt as if his eyes were going to come out of their sockets as if he was trying to see into my soul or idk. Something demonic. It left me un-nerved. And no! Its not because I am reading Mortal Instruments that I have a new fantasy of seeing a demon. No way Jose. Back to the story, I felt a tad bit iffy the rest of the day. 
Has anything like this ever happened to you? Some people can literally kill you with their look.. ...

I had a bunch of quinoa in my cabinet that I decided I had to do something with them before they went bad. So I decided to make a salad since it was super hot outside. But I didn't want a savory salad. I do have a sweet tooth don't ya know? 

Does that remind anybody else of Bobby's World.....The mom?
Ahh the good times!

I digress....So I chopped up a whole mango, topped it off with some corn, cilantro, onion, celery, red bell pepper, sesame seeds, chopped almonds.....

Mixed it up. Yum can you smell the colors? Yes, I realize that sounds so weird but it smells so good and colorful. 

Then topped it off with plain quinoa!

Just a bit more

Mix mix mix

Ready to eat. Along side a veggie wrap and sweet potato it makes a SWEET meal!

Close up. I have no idea why it looks blue, perhaps because we ate outside!

Ingredients:
1/2 tomato (chopped)
1 mango (peeled and chopped)
1/4 cup of onion (chopped)
1/2 cup of corn
1/2 red bell pepper(chopped)
1 handful of cilantro (chopped)
2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
2 tablespoons of chopped almonds 
1/4 cup of *dry quinoa (cooked in about 1/2 cup water OR 1.5 cups of cooked quinoa 
salt, pepper, paprika to taste
some lime to top it off

NOTE: best when served cold. I ate the leftovers the next day and the flavors were enhanced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment