Friday, September 20, 2013

Nutritional Yeast

I was very skeptical when I read about this. I am very anti protein powders and thought that this was another type of hype that everyone was getting into. But for some reason, after reading all the reviews, I decided to try it. I hate to admit, I loved it soo very much. It does not taste like "cheese" to me. It taste more like powdered bread. The point is, it is a great product that isn't a waste of money if you CHOSE to use it. 
Lately, I've been putting them on my salads (Yes, there is actually lettuce under that mess)
With some salsa, it taste phenomenal. 

BTW, this salad has about 450-550 calories.I told my mom that and she was shocked. She said the average person wouldn't know or expect that because the majority is vegetables. I told her, sure its a lot of calories, but its all good healthy calories that fuel and not drain your body. 

In my salad: lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, bell pepper, quinoa, corn, broccoli, crumbled veggie burger, salsa, nutritional yeast, and beans. Yummy in a bowl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment