Saturday, November 2, 2013

Yellow Peas +Spaghetti Squash

Lately it has been all about different types of squashes at my house. I love squash and can eat so much of it, it will make the average person sick. All I need is a bigger stomach to handle this wonderful vegetable! 
I had a bag of split yellow peas lying around the house, I don't even remember if I was the one who bought it or my mom. But I felt sorry for the sucker and decided to make it into something yummy. Therefore I thought of the wonderful spaghetti squash that I just purchases and al-ho dinner was served. 

First off, I chopped a bunch of veggies: tomatoes, onions, squash, cilantro and used canned corn. 
I let these simmer on the stove with tomato sauce and spices with the yellow peas. 


I then steamed the spaghetti squash for about 30 minutes and then "gutted it onto a plate" 

Topped it off with my sauce 



and my mom's guacamole....NOM NOM 

Ingredients:
sauce:
1 can of tomato sauce
1 cup of canned corn, 
1 small squash
1 handful of cilantro
1/2 onion
1 tomato 
1 cup of split yellow peas 
1/2 tsp of paprika 
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp of curry powder 

Directions:
Cook the peas according to directions. 
When they are soft add the remaining ingredients (chop your veggies)
and let simmer for about 20 minutes. 

Pour sauce on-top of spaghetti squash 



No comments:

Post a Comment