Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Spaghetti Squash Pancakes!

Do you ever feel like you only eat fruits at breakfast and not enough veggies. I mean, I can down veggies at every meal but breakfast is always the hardest. So I decided to experiment with the leftover spaghetti squash that I had in the fridge. Since it was PANCAKE SATURDAY I decided it was the perfect time to test it out. 

First I mixed my normal oatmeal pancake mixture 

Then I added the squash 

The batter was really thick, which was perfect for the recipe 

They turned out great, slightly sweet 

And made perfect with applesauce and fruit on top
(does anyone else wait for their pears to turn yellow and spotty to eat or just me?)

nosh away 

Spaghetti Squash Pancakes: 
1 cup of oats (1/2 cup made into oat flour)
1/4 cup of wheat bran 
1 tbs flaxseed (to made flax egg)
1 mashed banana
1/2 cup of applesauce 
3 tbs of agave 
1/4 cup of whole wheat flour 
pinch of cinnamon 
1/2 tbs baking powder 
1/2 tbs vanilla extract
1-2 cups of cooked spaghetti squash 
about 1 cup of milk 

directions: mash the banana. Proceed to mix with the applesauce and spices. Make the flax egg and add it to the mixture along with the sugar. When mixed well add the rest of the ingredients one at a time, make sure the squash is last. 

Proceed to make like pancakes. You need to flatten the mixture so that it cooks well. Let them cook about 5 minutes on each side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment