Tuesday, January 7, 2014

WAIW

Just Eat ALL day! 
Don't you ever feel like you eat waaaay more than other people. Today I felt like I ate soo much food. But I am trying to focus on getting in more vegetables than anything else. I have no problem with fruit as I love fruit. But I tend to skimp out on the veggies. 

Now, without delay here is WIAW



This morning I decided to not run for exercise. I want to change my body composition so I did an Insanity type workout. I was quiet fun and just as exhausting. 
Breakfast was cream of wheat made with cocoa powder, applesauce, pears, cinnamon and peanut butter. 

Then the mail came:
note to self, just because you ordered weights does not mean you will be able to carry them off the bat. 
Strength training is my new goal. After I assembled my weights I did about 10 minutes (about 6-8 sets) of different exercises. 

snackers: Papaya, celery and PB! VEGGIES
Then I just caught up on some cleaning and chores that I have been putting off.
Lunch involved a hummus wrap, sweet potato and a green smoothie. (veggies)
This smoothie included banana, papaya, spinach, almond milk, chia seeds, flax seeds and wheat bran. (veggies)
Note: I wasn't a fan of papaya in my smoothie. I love papaya and could eat copious amounts, however it doesn't taste good liquefied. 

Before going to work I had a humongous home grown persimmon and some coconut/mango rice pudding topped with sunflower seeds and raisins. 


at work I had some soy beans (veggies)

yogurt and cereal 

Dinner was much appreciated: leftover tofu, squash, and quinoa stir fry. (veggies)
along with some cucumber slices and hummus (veggies)
oh...and ketchup. 


Dessert was a nice glass of soy milk, Oreos and an orange to wind down. 
 I also ate one tiny square (1/6 serving) of chocolate while typing this)


I am glad to report that I had veggies at most of my meals and I limited my cookie/chocolate consumption to one and a half servings. Which says a lot for me since I tend to wolf down so much chocolate in one day. 


Does anyone else try to include more of a certain food group in their meals?


No comments:

Post a Comment