Monday, January 13, 2014

Chickpea Quinoa Mixture

I love Quinoa because its so easy to make and so much quicker than rice. I mean, seriously 15 minutes to cook. Now, you can't beat that for a speedy meal. Normally, when my quinoa is cooking, I saute some veggies and make a stir fry out of it. Its so delicious, its crazy. 
I have been eating this for the past week and still haven't gotten tired of it. It was super simple and easy to make. 


I also got to use my little spiralizer, I get super excited whenever I get to use that. 


Ingredients:
 2 cup of cooked chickpeas (drained)
1 cup of quinoa (raw, then cooked)
1 sweet potato (chopped or spiralized)
1/2 cup of broccoli
1 cup of chopped mushrooms
1/2 cup of cauliflower 
1 small zucchini (spiralized)
1/2 cup of chopped onion 
1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped 
1 tbs of sesame oil 
1 tbs of salt
1/2 tbs of curry powder
1 tsp. of paprika 

Directions: 
Heat up oil on a large skillet and grill onions, until translucent. 
Then continue to add the sweet potato and cook until it is soft. 
Once the sweet potato is soft, add the remaining vegetables and cook until the mushrooms are tender. 
Once the mushrooms are tender add your spices, quinoa, and chickpeas and proceed to cook for about 10 minutes. 
Serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment