Friday, January 3, 2014

Pumpkin Pear Oatmeal

Pumpkin is everywhere now-a-days. Its not so bad, I love pumpkin but I typically don't buy the canned kind that they have at the stores, I go old school and peel and bake one of these bad boys:

Then I tend to either pure then freeze, or just freeze in chunks and use as needed. But basically I tend to eat a lot of pumpkin so the cans would be a bit expensive. When I roast the pumpkin, it actually breaks down and caramelizes on its own so its super sweet and yummier than the canned variety. 

So this has been breakfast when I have time to make breakfast all festive and what not. 

And it looks like a complete mess when I stir it all...
But its a yummy mess. 

Ingredients:
1/2 c oats (dry)
1/3 cup of pureed pumpkin
cinnamon 
1 small box of raisins 
1/2 pear chopped
1/4 tsp vanilla 
pumpkin spice (optional)
1/2 cup of soy milk 

No comments:

Post a Comment